Ent Mgr Remote Job fails w/SNMP and output lost

From: Kevin J Barnes <kevin_barnes_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 01:45:29 -0600

I have two systems running Oracle 8.03 on NT 4.0.

I have jobs running on server 1 fine with the OEM. I have scheduled a job from the OEM on server 1 to run on server 2. The nodes have been discovered fine, the user authenticated.

When the job tries to run I get a failure on the job with the job results saying : "Output from Job X lost."

In the net80\log\jobw file I get the following: NMS-00001: Warning: dbsnmp unable to connect to SNMP master agent

dbsnmp_status under lsnrctl shows db_agent not running.

For some reason I cannot get this remote job to run. Any info on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

TIA Kevin Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 01:45:29 CST