tns; OEM; multiple db's

From: <cosmin_ioan_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 02:24:03 GMT

hello all,

I am having problem with connecting (locally; client and server on both machines) to a secondary database on my NT Workstation box through OEManager and through Toad (although connecting to the initial db works fine with all tools... SQLPlus, OEM, Toad).

I restarted the database; database service, I restarted the tnslistener service; I made sure tnsnames.ora has the correct entry but still no luck. Connecting from Toad or OEM to the second db, I get ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name.

I followed an earlier post on this group to rename the 'service_name' in tnsnames.ora to 'sid_name' but that did not work either.

there must be some kind of service/file which was initialized/updated correctly at the creation time of the first db, but was not updated upon creation of later db's, I guess!? (btw, I'm working with 8i Ent.)

thank you much for any suggestions,

Cosmin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 02 2000 - 20:24:03 CST