Reclaim my space NOW!

From: <atta707_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 05:40:28 GMT

dear all,

please consider this, if you would:

log on as scott/tiger;
disable primary key for EMP;

loop about 10 to 15 times

the number of extents allocated for emp grows to 15, about 6 mb of tablespace!

now could anyone please help me with how to reclaim this space and get the EMP table to shrink back to it's legtimate size or, at least, to the size bofore this transaction took place?

i'm reluctant to either drop or truncate this table!!!

thanks in anticipation.

ATTA Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 02 2000 - 23:40:28 CST