Re: Very Large Table extending after mass deletes

From: Greg Stark <greg-spare-1_at_mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 03:17:17 GMT

"Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Tables with LONGs in them tend to be major pains.

We have a table with a LONG column in it (the developer was used to MSSQL which had a 256 character limit on varchars) but we don't really use it for anything big, 100-200 bytes is normal. Should we be worried and rebuild this table? or are your comments and others that I've seen only relevant for people who are actually storing lots of data in LONGs?

--
greg Received on Wed Feb 02 2000 - 21:17:17 CST