Trigger on same table that we want to insert and update

From: <gard.haugen_at_mogul.no>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 23:50:52 GMT

Hi,

We have a table T1 that we want to trigger insert, update and delete activity on.

The problem is that for the insert-trigger we want to insert a new record into the same table (T1), and the same goes for update and delete:
On insert we want to insert a new (different) record in table T1 On update we want to update a different record in table T1 On delete we want to delete a different record in table T1

Is this possible without going into a loop ?

Regards,

Gard A. Haugen
Mogul AS
Norway

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 02 2000 - 17:50:52 CST