NT license error with svrmgr30 on 8.0.5

From: <marciat_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 19:32:33 GMT

On one of our installations, whenever I issue a connect using svrmgr30 from the command line, I get a windows NT error message box that says "The following licensing error has been written to the windows NT event log" but the message is blank. It is also blank when I look in the NT event log.

The error occurs only when I issue a connect statement from svrmgr30 run from the command line prompt, I never have any other problems when running any other Oracle utility (SQL plus, etc). Also, it only occurs on this particular server, and has cropped up in the past few weeks (perhaps since Y2K?). However, I have other servers with the same versions of Oracle and NT and do not have this problem, so I don't think it is Y2K related.

For now, I have checked the box that says "Do not display this message in the future", however I am wondering what might be causing this.

Anybody else experienced something similar?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 02 2000 - 13:32:33 CST