Re: SQLPlus only works on 'oracle' user

From: Dave Ewall <daveewall_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 10:18:23 GMT

Just as a follow up to myself, I finally figured out what was going wrong.

It's such a silly thing, that I'm wondering how it can effect Oracle like this.

Anyway, I had the ORACLE_HOME variable set to "/u01/OraHome1/", and it should have been set to "/u01/OraHome1" (without the last slash). Apparently, it couldn't find the database with the extra slash in it. What confuses me is that usually multiple slashes are okay in pathnames. <shrug>

Dave