Re: Doubts about MTS

From: Greg Stark <greg-spare-1_at_mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 07:15:13 GMT

Julio <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es> writes:

> Thanks for your answer, Greg, now I've got one more doubt. :-)
>
> Greg Stark escribió:
>
> > The client can request to be connected to a dedicated server. There are times
> > when this is useful: tunneling through firewalls, performing disk intensive
> > tasks that would tie up a shared server for a long time, etc.
>
> How can I indicate to start a dedicated server process ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

By putting something like this in tnsnames.ora, note the last line. This contacts localhost:1521 which is tunneled to the db server port 1521 over an encrypted connection.

TUNNELLED =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =
          (COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
          (PROTOCOL = TCP)
          (Host = localhost)
          (Port = 1521)
        )

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ORCL)
    (SRVR=DEDICATED)
    )
  )

--
greg Received on Wed Feb 02 2000 - 01:15:13 CST