Re: data import from Lotus or Excel to Oracle 8i

From: Michael Rothwell <marothwell_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 15:46:43 -0800

I have a little different question related to the same thing.

I am using OAS and the PL cartridge to write HTML. I now want to be able to send someone an Excel file of certain reports. I have used utl_file to write a CSV file that Excel can read, I have also used utl_file to write an HTML file but naming it with a .xls extension. This also will open in Excel. Neither of these two methods are very clean but do provide a spreadsheet with values. Does anyone have a cleaner way of doing this.

Thanks

Michael.