where to install oracle

From: <kal121_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 20:23:34 GMT

Is it okay to install Oracle on the same device as the UNIX operating system?

OFA doesn't mention anything about this, except that the Oracle executables, control file, system tablespace, and redo logs can all go on one disk. It doesn't mention if that disk already contains the OS.

I remember reading somewhere that you "shouldn't", but I only have 2 disks at the moment, one has the OS. It would probably be worse to put everything on the other disk. (the one w/o the OS installed on it)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 01 2000 - 14:23:34 CST