Re: asynchronous replication combined with manual insert

From: Frank an der Heiden <fh_at_energotec.de>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 20:07:57 +0100

"Pete Sharman" <psharman_at_us.oracle.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:38970671.41BA42EC_at_us.oracle.com...
> I'm not really 100% clear on what you're trying to achieve here. It
sounds like
> what you need is simply to leave the time-critical tables out of the
replication
> configuration and use distributed inserts or updates to control those. Is
there
> something I'm missing out here?
>
> Pete

yes you're right.
but if i leave the time critical tables out of my replication group, it can happen that these tables become inconsistent in the case that not all workstations are running and i do an insert of one of these tables.

with the replication, this inconsistency will be corrected, so these tables have to stay in this group.

my question generally is, if there can be a collision between MY insert/update and the insert/update of the replication.

so long
frank Received on Tue Feb 01 2000 - 13:07:57 CST