JDBC/ORACLE different isolation level support in client vs. server

From: Mark Plotnick <plotnick_at_ensodex.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 12:11:34 -0600

I'm using JDBC to access an ORACLE database from one Solaris machine to a different Solaris machine. I'm using Oracle Release 8.0.5.0.0.

The problem is the JDBC call 'supportsTransactionIsolationLevel()' returns different values when used on the same machine as ORACLE is installed on as compared to when run over ORACLE client software.

Here's what I get on the ORACLE Server machine: Connecting to jdbc:oracle:thin:system/oracle8_at_grolsh:1521:ENSO Connected
Supports Transaction Isolation level..

 TRANSACTION_NONE= false
 TRANSACTION_READ_UNCOMMITTED= false
 TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED= TRUE
 TRANSACTION_REPEATABLE_READ= false
 TRANSACTION_SERIALIZABLE= TRUE

Here's what I get on the ORACLE Client machine: Connecting to jdbc:oracle:thin:system/oracle8_at_grolsh:1521:ENSO Connected
Supports Transaction Isolation level..

 TRANSACTION_NONE= false
 TRANSACTION_READ_UNCOMMITTED= TRUE
 TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED= false
 TRANSACTION_REPEATABLE_READ= false
 TRANSACTION_SERIALIZABLE= false

I need the ORACLE Client machine to allow ORACLE access with the same level of support as on the Server machine. How can I do this ?

--
| Mark Plotnick | mailto: plotnick_at_ensodex.com |
| Ensodex Inc | phone +1 (651) 766 7223 |