NON XWindows installation of Oracle 8 client on Linux

From: <trxstorm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 18:14:50 GMT

Hi,

I'm having a hell of a time getting
installer to install client software only and run without X windows.

the -silent flag doesn't work with ./runInstaller, after a search I found runins.sh.

I have a couple question, because I don't want to install the database, just the client software.

  1. can I only install the client software using [-responsefile cl_typical.rsp] as a command line option with runIns.sh?
  2. if not, how can I only install the client software and not use Xwindows...?

Thanks,
Nathan Carmon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jan 28 2000 - 12:14:50 CST