Creating indexes ASC ? What does this accomplish?

From: Chris Gladwin <cgladwin_at_serviceplus.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 13:11:03 -0500

Hi,

We are trying to justify our use of create index index_name on table_name (column ASC)

What does this accomplish? When our application queries the database it still select ... order by (column ASC). It makes me wonder why we would create an index in ASC or DESC. Is the default not ASC anyways?

Thanks,

Chris G Received on Fri Jan 28 2000 - 12:11:03 CST