Re: DMBS_LOB/BFILE

From: Eugene Firyago <efiryago_at_bisys.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 13:10:32 -0500

Why don't you use internal CLOB or NCLOB types. They are character (not hex) objects, up to 4GB as large, and support transactions. Within an Oracle database you operate them just through PL/SQL (DBMS_LOB).

See Oracle8 App Developer's Guide, Chapter 6 "Large Objects (LOBs)" for details.

Good Luck,
Eugene.