Re: Unable to drop stored procedures

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 17:59:41 GMT

In article <86silq$e16$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   ejrchurch_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I am unable to drop some stored procedures in my
> schema. Previously, I was able to drop and create
> stored procedures freely. My system privileges
> have not changed. For a stored procedure "proc",
> the statement "DROP PROCEDURE proc" fails to drop
> the procedure. The drop statement does not raise
> an exception, but nor does it complete; I am
> forced to cancel the transaction. These facts lead
> me to believe that Oracle perceives the procedure
> is still in execution, which it is not. I am using
> Oracle 7.3.4. Any ideas why this is occurring?

I am not going to hazard a guess as to what is going on as there could be several possibilities such as the procedure is held by a run-a-way session. I am going to recommend that you bounce the instance and then try the command again. If it doesn't work after a bounce then you have a serious problem that might require assistance from support.

--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jan 28 2000 - 11:59:41 CST