Re: "Any" Syntax?

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:19:02 -0500

It may be valid syntax but it doesn't appear to work. I did this on Oracle 8.1.5
running AIX 4.2.3

Connected to:
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production With the Partitioning and Java options
PL/SQL Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production

SQL> create table a (a number);

Table created.
SQL> insert into a values (1);

1 row created.

SQL> insert into a values (2);

1 row created.

SQL> insert into a values (3);

1 row created.

SQL> create table b (b NUMBER);

Table created.

SQL> insert into b values (1);

1 row created.

SQL> insert into b values (2);

1 row created.

SQL> select a from a where a != any (select b from b);

         1
         2
         3