Q: index question in oralce BEE book.

From: <tedchyn_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:35:36 GMT

Sir, I am confused about a description in oracle bee book chapter6 on avoiding null in a concatenated indexes. it stated: 'If all the index columns are null(e/g.(null,null)), the keys are not consdered to be the same because in this case, oracle condiders the whole key to be null, and null can never equal null. you could potentially end up with 100 rows all with the same key, a value of null!'

I thought if all fields are null in a concatenated index, no index entry is generated.
can anybody clearify this ?
thanks in advance.
ted chyn

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jan 28 2000 - 08:35:36 CST