Import under replication

From: Joseph Chia <blackeye_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 21:55:15 +0800

Kindly answer this if you know the answer.

During a replicated environment with 2 peer servers A and B, data get out of sync at times and I would need to "re-sync them". What I'm doing now is to open up a session of svrmgrl in A and turn off replication, truncate the table and insert the records from B into A.

Can I alternatively export from B and import into A. Since I can't explicitly turn off the replication, would there be a problem? (the imported data gets propagated back to B again, thus causing a lot of deferror entries?)

Thanks in advance.
PS: Other solutions to syncing the data in a replicated environment is much appreciated.

--
Regards,

    Joe Received on Fri Jan 28 2000 - 07:55:15 CST