SORTED: Re: Records : Scope and Packages

From: RS <ras0001_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:11:52 +0000

Thanks for your help. In fact the Record was defined in a database on another
server, accessed via a database link (I didn't mention this in the original mail),
so I tried Thomas's solution and it worked:

On Server A, Package Body A I DECLAREd:

    v_MyRecord PackageB.t_MyRecordType_at_ServerB;

which refered to the Package Header definition on Server B, Package B:

   TYPE t_MyRecordType IS RECORD (String VARCHAR2(10));

Which compiled through the database link.

I also liked Sybrand's idea of a TYPE declaration Package for this kind of thing.

Thanks Again,
Robert