Re: Recovering from lost controlfile.

From: Greg Tupper <gtupper_at_tupper.dhs.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 02:56:00 GMT

-->Same person as original post, different account.<--

What is bugging us is the system tablespace is asking for a redo from two weeks ago, when reviewing the logs from recent hot backups no errors are reported for the system table space.

We have created another control file from the existing db and tried a recover. It still asks for the old redo.

Is there a way to accept the inconsistent state, force the database open, so we might export the data?