Re: Oracle 8i Lite and a pc running on Win98

From: <holmesb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 02:07:24 GMT

In article <388B67F5.B6D_at_interpath.com>,   aman_at_interpath.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. Is Oracle 8i Lite installable on a non-networked pc (450mhz, 256k
> RAM, lots of disk space) running Win98? (This would be used as a way
of
> learning a few of the Oracle basics.)
>
> 2. If not, does Oracle make such a product?
>
> Thanks very much in advance.
>
> David Aman
> Durham, NC

I have a Win98 Second Edition machine (450MHz Pentium, 96MB RAM, plenty of disk) and tried installing the CD sent with the last Oracle Magazine. Perhaps it would run or run better on a Win98 First Edition machine. IMHO it is not ready for prime time. Anyone else have more success?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jan 27 2000 - 20:07:24 CST