Recovering from lost controlfile.

From: dmoose <moosed_at_nospam-hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 01:25:04 GMT

Recently the backup script for the oracle database had trouble backing up the controlfile.

These are the parts I have:

dbf files from yesterday.
dbf files from today.
redolog files from yesterday through the last successful shutdown. control file from today.

When doing a media recovery the recovery routine is asking for a redolog from three days ago, even though I have a successful (minus the control file) backup from yesterday.

Can I use yesterday's dbf files, today's control file and the redo files to get a point in time recovery?

Can I force a database open to get an export?

Are there other options?

Please reply via newsgroup or mail (but pull the nospam- out of the return address.)

Thanks Received on Thu Jan 27 2000 - 19:25:04 CST