managing two instances on same server

From: <chrisoc_at_ans.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 19:36:23 GMT

I want the maximum independence in taking down one instance, modifying its storage etc. without affecting the other one.

If I build the second instance with entirely distinct tablespaces and datafiles (including system, temp, rbs, redologs) and run the catproc etc. for it, I am still not certain how I will be able to connect as system or sys to just that instance and manage it without affecting the first one.

Point me to a doc if the answer is complicated.

Thank you,
Chris O'Connor

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jan 27 2000 - 13:36:23 CST