Re: Startup of 8i instance on Red Hat Linux 6.1

From: <cal_mitc_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 18:50:08 GMT

Congratulations on your success!

However...
when i run svrmgrl:

SVRMGR> CONNECT INTERNAL
Connected
SVRMGR> STARTUP
ORA-01081: cannot start already-running ORACLE - shut it down first SVRMGR> so i'm thinking happy thoughts...then i goto sqlplus:

sqlplus system/manager
ERROR:
ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress Enter user-name: system
Enter password: manager
ERROR:
ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

Any insight would be welcome!

In article <85u4cp$gnl$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   leemond311_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I just resolved my startup difficulty.
> Typing
> CONNECT INTERNAL
> then
> STARTUP
> enabled things to work perfectly. At my leisure, I hope to figure out
> how my earlier approach led to problems.
> ---
>
> In article <85u0h0$e3b$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> leemond311_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > I have recently completed installation of Oracle 8.1.5 on Red Hat
> > Linux 6.1, including the creation and running of a database script
via
> > dbassist. However, I am having some kind of problem running sqlplus
on
> > this database instance (sqlplus starts up OK via "/nologon" option,
so
> > I know it is operable).
> > I (prefer to) start up manually, so I run Server Manager (svrmgrl)
> > and TYPE/
> > read the following:
> > CONNECT INTERNAL
> > Connected.
> >
> > STARTUP MOUNT "ORCL"
> > ORACLE instance started
> > <etc, etc>
> > Database mounted
> >
> > On a separate xterm I
> > TYPE/
> > read the following:
> > SQLPLUS SYSTEM/MANAGER
> > ORA-01033: Oracle initialization or shutdown in progress
> >
> > What is wrong with my instance, as far as sqlplus is concerned??
> > Thanks for any pointers (no pun intended).
> > Lee
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jan 27 2000 - 12:50:08 CST