Accessing other local databases

From: James A. Rome <jar_at_ornl.gov>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:27:47 -0500

I have Personal Oracle 8.1.5 on an NT system. I installed it in the "typical" configuration and used the database wizard to create another database. After 12 hours, it was still 99% finished and was using 0 cpu time so i hit cancel. The database seems to be there.

But I seem unable to connect to it using SQLPlus. It only connects to the default database, and if the default database is not running, SqlPlus refuses to connect.

So, if I screwed up the new database, how do I remove it if I cannot access it?

If it is OK, how do I access it?

I have scoured the manuals and find no help for this.

--
James A. Rome