Doubts about MTS

From: Julio <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:00:03 +0100

I've just implemented the multithread Server in one of our databases and after seeing how it work, I've got a few doubts about it:

 Before starting up an instance I've started the listener, having one service handler for my database. When I start it up I see that I've got two service handlers, just one for the dispatcher. Almost every user connects through sql*net to my database so:

 Why do we need one service handler appart from the dispatcher?  If so, what determines a user to connect through the dispatcher or not?  If I connect in local mode, will I do "throug" the dispatcher?

I know some terms aren't totally corrects but my English isn't as good I'd like. :-(

Thanks in advantage.
--
Julio Negueruela

'Hay algunas cosas que son tan serias
que solo puedes bromear con ellas.' (Bohr) Received on Thu Jan 27 2000 - 07:00:03 CST