Solution STRING_TOO_LONG while installing... (was: Help! Orainst end with access violation - Dr Watson)

From: Edwin van de Burgt <burgtedw_at_iquip.nl>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 09:51:24 +0100

To solve the Y2K bug in versions of Oracle Installer < 3.3.1.1.0.C (see quoted text), I installed a new version of the installer, v3.3.1.2.0. Unfortunately, this version didn't work either on my machine. No dreaded DrWatson this time, but the error:

win32.pvf(57): STRING_TOO_LONG while imploding...

Because initially I searched through this newsgroup looking for an answer, but didn't found it, I thought somebody might be interested in the very simple solution to this problem I found.

    extrastring = implode(extras,", ");

Hope this is useful for somebody,

Kind regards,

     Edwin (burgtedw_at_iquip.nl)
     Oracle Expertise Services,
     IQUIP Informatica B.V.

In article <38748344.716E_at_yahoo.com>,
  connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Prahalad Pateel wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > 1. Tried setting the computer date back to July 01 1999. That did
> > not help.
> > 2. I searched the entire Oracle site and the technet site but
> > could not find any links to Oracle Installer v.3.3.1.1.0.C. Could you
> > or somone be kind enough to point me the correct link or give an Idea
> > where I should look for it ?
> >
> > Prahalad
> >
> > On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 08:32:56 +0100, "Ulrik Hoffmann"
> > <ulrik_at_hoffmann-kiel.de> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >maybe it's the Y2K-Bug in the installer.
> > >Some threads ago, the following answer came:
> > >
> > >Oracle Installer for Win32 v3.3.1.1.0 and lower is not Y2K-compliant,
> > >v.3.3.1.1.0.C is .
> > >
> > >Download the new version from the Oracle-Website!
> > >
> > >Bye
> > >Uli

Dr