Re: Linux & Disk configuration with Oracle 8i

From: <billmil_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 21:25:17 GMT

Thanks for the feedback, Andreas. I hadn't read the Oreilly Tuning book yet. The DBA book touches on the topic, but doesn't give much direction on how to configure if you don't have 15 disks.

bill milbratz
chicago

In article <388D716A.9DB58395_at_adicom.de>,   Andreas Michler <Andreas.Michler_at_adicom.de> wrote:
> Oracle Performance Tuning from O'Really says:
> 1 Disk for Operating System
> rest for oracle.
> In your case I would do the following:
>
> Using RAID-Level 5 or
>
> Redologs - > Disk1
> the rest -> Disk2

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 26 2000 - 15:25:17 CST