Re: ORA-03121 Error

From: Reiling Lee <reiling.lee_at_alza.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 08:08:51 -0800

Thank all for your help. I found out what the cause was. It was because of the NOEMS for EMM386.EXE in the CONFIG.SYS. After changing NOEMS to RAM, the problem went away. Somewhere in Oracle web site, it indicates that some DLL files will not be loaded into the memory if the Windows is not in the ENHANCED mode. Then the ORA-03121 no connection error occurs.

"Reiling Lee" <reiling.lee_at_alza.com> wrote in message news:86l26r$aha$1_at_dfw-ixnews3.ix.netcom.com...
> Hi,
>
> We have an Oracle application developed a vendor. When installing the
> application to the individual workstation, we ran into ORA-03121 on some
of
> the PCs. Since I don't know Oracle well and there is no support from the
IT
> group, I wonder whether I can get help from the newsgroup.
>
> We are running Windows 95 on the client workstation and Windows NT 4.0 on
> Oracle server. The Oracle database is 7.3.4 (I think) and the SQL*Net
Client