From: <stuco_at_cobaltspoon.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 14:55:17 GMT

ORACLE 8.1.5
Windows NT

I am loading data from a flat text file into multiple tables. A lot of the data in these tables, however, needs to be generated based on the content of the flat file. Needless to say there is lots of logic that needs to be performed at load time.

My approach is to load the data into a temporary table and use PL/SQL to load the real tables with the necessary logic. Is this the best way of doing this??

I had toyed with the idea of using row-level triggers, but found that it could get really messy. How about these precompilers like Pro*C? Are they worth anything?

Thanks for all your help

Stuart Cowen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 26 2000 - 08:55:17 CST