ORACLE 8i 8.1.5/NT-version - Nameserver Problem

From: <jsimonsen_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 14:41:17 GMT

Has anyone tried to use the name server from the ORACLE 8i 8.1.5 under WIN-NT ?
I've made the experience that the new java user interface is very slow and buggy.
When I made changes with the NET8 assistant, nothing happens in the configuration files, even when i said to save my changes.
When I tried to use a region database, he lost the database information after each newstart of the Names-Service.
I then tried to write the connection information direct into the file ..\network\names\ckpreg.ora - than TNSPING works but a connection through SQLPLUS doesn't work (.. could not be resolved). I have an entry in my hosts-File on the client which idnetifies the name server through the well-known-name oranamesrvr0.

Jürgen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 26 2000 - 08:41:17 CST