Re: oldest online log file

From: Igor A. Feoktistov <fia_at_ins.dn.ua>
Date: 26 Jan 2000 10:43:07 +0200

NeilC <neilc-olops_at_btinternet.com> wrote:
> Hi,

> has anyone got a piece of code that determines the oldest online log
> sequence number (as given by Archive log list command in svrmgrl), and
> is able to use this to pick up the start Archive log file to backup as
> part of a hot backup. I guess it would have to also know the
> log_archive_format to know where abouts in the archive log filename this
> number appears.
> Or is there an easier way to make sure you have a list of all the
> archive log files required as part of a hot backup ?
> This is running under unix by the way (HP or solaris) and V7.3.4 to
> 8.1.5

Try this shell code:
---
echo "Check the oldest online log sequence ..." logOld=`echo "connect internal
archive log list" |
svrmgrl |
sed -n 's/^Oldest online log sequence //p' | while read logN
do

    echo ${logN}
done`

---
--

E-mail: fia_at_ins.dn.ua
ICQ: 34433616 Received on Wed Jan 26 2000 - 02:43:07 CST