Sever stops with defunct processes

From: <pwmurphy_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 02:37:58 GMT

I'm running 8.0.5.1 on AIX version 4.3.2. Twice in the last 48 hours the system essentially stopped because the user oracle could not spawn any new processes. The OS limit was set at 200. A look at ps -ef showed many defunct processes owned by oracle. I'm assuming these are old SQL*NET connections but can't say for sure. I'm not running MTS.

Anyone ever seen this?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jan 25 2000 - 20:37:58 CST