8.1.5EE for SPARC Solaris download

From: tiny anklet bells <nroshak_at_hcs.harvard.edu>
Date: 26 Jan 2000 00:37:16 GMT

I've been installing 8.1.5i EE for Sun SPARC Solaris off the download from technet.ora. We ran into major problems with the install -- files and symlinks missing from the tar file all over the place. Specifically, the jre native_threads and green_threads files were all missing, as were a lot of the doc files and some of the LSM files; other files were present in the download but not where the OUI expected them, so I suspect there were missing symlinks. We did the 12-hour download twice and found the same problems in the second download.

Has anyone else done the install from the download, and run into similar problems? We're looking into getting the CDs because we had to do such a hackish install (though eventually we were able to get it up and running). Is the install from CD any better, or does it have similar missing files? Are there "official" workarounds for these problems?

I'd like to hear about any experience you've had with installing 8.1.5i EE for Sun SPARC Solaris, from CD or from the download... any info on your install experience would be a help.

Thanks,
Natalka Roshak Received on Tue Jan 25 2000 - 18:37:16 CST