Re: SYS.UTL_FILE Package

From: <miaemp_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:57:01 GMT

The path has been defined and I do have rights to write the directory specified by the path. Actually, that was the first thing I checked and I just double checked it. Anyone have any ideas? Could it have anything to do with it not being code stored on the database?

TIA
Eric Peterson
Programmer/Analyst DBA
Maurices Inc.
eric_NOpeterson_at_mauricesSPAMMERS.inrg.com

The views I have expressed are soley my own and not that of my company's

In article <86l1r8$u9l$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Did oyu define the path as UTL_FILE_DIR in INIT.ORA ?
> If yes - do you have authorization to write there?
>
> Michael.
>
> In article <86ku9r$rih$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> miaemp_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > I wrote a PL/SQL utility to output Stored Database Code. I am
getting
> > an exception of INVALID PATH from the package when I go to open the
> > file. For example:
> > fin := fopen('/home/user/source',
> > 'test.pls',
> > 'w');
> > Does anyone have any ideas?
> >
> > TIA
> > Eric Peterson
> > Programmer/Analyst DBA
> > Maurices Inc.
> > eric_NOpeterson_at_mauriesSPAMMERS.inrg.com
> >
> > The views I have expressed are solely my own and not that of my
> > company's.
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jan 25 2000 - 15:57:01 CST