Re: Service OracleStartxxxxx not starting

From: V. P. Satya <amost_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 11:49:18 -0800

>1. Can you start the database from the Command prompt, using svrmgr?

Yes! I am able to!

>If not, then your services aren't set up right. Try recreating the
>services using the oradim command at the command prompt.

Oradim didnt accept the OracleStartSID service name for neither of the SID's. It complains that its not a valid service name. Although my Databases are running ok. But I cant connect to both the SID's at the same time. I started both SID's and I was able to access the database with second SID with out any problems.
However, when I tried to access the first SID through the same connection it gave me an error

ORA-12547: TNS : Lost Contact

Is there a way I can make both of services to work at the same time?

Also, the control Panel/Services still doesnt show OracleStartSID for nieither of the SID's.

I also tried to start OracleStartSID using oradim it complains that its not a valid service name?

Just curious Is it needed for me go through the Customized installation of the Oracle instead of a typical installation that I did?

>2. Check the startup parameters for the Oracle services. Try using the
>oracle account.

I used the startup parameters like open database name.

Would really appreciate your Comments/advice/suggesstions.

Thanks for all you help,

Vish