Oracle Server Sizing question

From: Nicholas Palmer <nick_at_kcicorp.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 11:07:49 -0800

Hello,

We've got a client that would like some help in sizing a box to run an Oracle 8 Database Server. They will be running on an NT, so I'm guessing we'll go with something like a Dell or a Compaq box. They will have around 45 users on the system initially with more to follow later on. Disk space is pretty easy and cheap so I'm more interested in what I'll need as far as CPUs - should we go multiple ones, and how fast, and how much memory we should stick in the box. We'd like to have good performance so price in this case is second to performance. Any help anybody could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Nick

Take off Late, Get Deep, Go Down Hard...

nick_at_kcicorp.com (Nick Palmer) Received on Tue Jan 25 2000 - 13:07:49 CST