Re: SQL*Loader and Mutating Table

From: <buckeye714_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:53:16 GMT

In article <s5ar8s4ct0cmn4664vefqlkcfl9ajimj2b_at_4ax.com>,   tkyte_at_us.oracle.com wrote:

> There is an issue with triggers on insert that do lots of inserts
themselves
> that cause lots of space management requests.
>
> A potential solution is to preallocate the space in the tables -- to
reduce the
> amount of recursive space requests being made or to increase the next
extent
> size (to achieve the same goal). that'll get you going today.
>
> The permanent solution is to contact support and reference bug 697443.
there is
> a patch.
>
> --
> See http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to
Oracle8i'...
> Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated June
21'st

> Thomas Kyte tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
> Oracle Service Industries Reston, VA USA
>
> Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle
Corporation

Thanks fth. We were able to solve the problem this morning by brute force. Assuming that there was a problem with the data definition tables, I did a full export if the database, without the data. I then dropped the user and imported all objects belonging to the user. Also, while doing the load yesterday, I noticed an index that was allocating extents very quickly. I increased the next extent parameter on that index. I reran the sqlldr job and it seems to have worked. Thanks again.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jan 25 2000 - 11:53:16 CST