Re: OCP Tuning Sample Question

From: fumi <fumi_at_tpts5.seed.net.tw>
Date: 25 Jan 2000 15:31:28 GMT

Buck Turgidson <jcmanNOSPAM_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:86f6d7$7f0$1_at_bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net...
> This seems ambiguous to me. I think both C and D are correct, but the
> question indicates only D. Am I missing something?
>
> "At which level is the optimizer mode set if you use the OPTIMIZER_MODE
> parameter?
> A-Data
> B-System
> C-Session
> D-instance
> E-Statement.

IMO, I think this question is nonsense.

Where did you see this question?
In the Oracle Assessment Test, it's a multi-selection question. The "answer(?)" is C and D.

But (B), (D) are ambiguous, somebodies say "instance parameters", somebodies say "system parameters".
Note there are two views called v$parameter, and v$system_parameter.

Another tangle is the word "parameter", we don't say "session parameter", so somebodies may think C is not correct. Received on Tue Jan 25 2000 - 09:31:28 CST