Re: how to store a txt file in oracle?

From: Michael Ivanov <ivanovmj_at_niiefa.spb.su>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:33:44 +0300

lkw wrote:

> then what is the datatype for the column to store a txt file?

You must to know type of data before or you must to check in plsql program - is it true number or no; second path is suffisticating in abstract.

> apart from using utl_file package, is there a easier way to insert or select
> a txt file from a column of a table?
>
> about the sqlload...what is it? can explain more....?

Sqlloader is special Oracle utility for load text table data, that present for all Oracle's platforms and releases. See documentation about format - it is easy, to my opinion.

--

        Best regards.

	Michael Ivanov - Computer System Support Group Head
	NIIEFA, Sovietsky pr. 1, Metallostroy, Saint Petersburg, 189631, RF
                E-mail: ivanovmj_at_niiefa.spb.su
                phone: +7 812 4627863
                fax:    +7 812 4644629