Re: create index error

From: Ton Raaijmakers <torgan_at_worldonline.nl>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:26:31 +0100

Erik,

I had this problem just last week when installing intermedia/context 815. The problem is the listener.ora and the tnsnames.ora file. Oracle install does not
put all the right lines in those files. These lines were missing in tnsnames:
EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
 (DESCRIPTION =
  (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC) ( KEY = EXTPROC0 ))     (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = PLSExtProc))  )

Ánd the protocols where in my case set to TCP, but external procedures can only work with IPC.

After these changes it worked.

Ton Raaijmakers