Service OracleStartxxxxx not starting

From: Vish P. Satya <amost_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 19:15:50 -0800

Need Help!!

I am trying to start the OracleStartxxx1 where xxx1 is the name of my first SID. Strangely the OracleStartxxx1 service doesnt start when I start the OracleServicexxx1. Same goes with OracleStartxxx2 where xx2 is my second SID. Also, dont know if its connected but my Database Administration/Oracle Database Administrator for Windows NT also doesnt start??

I have also noticed that I cant neither start nor stop these services from the NT DOS prompt. It complaints it can find the services?? Although from the NT Contraol Panel/Services I have no problem start/stoping them.

Any ideas whats happening here. I have been struggling with this for about a week now and rest of my project has come to a standstill, if this continues I could loose my job.

Would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance.

Vish Received on Mon Jan 24 2000 - 21:15:50 CST