Re: moving indexes to another machine

From: Mohamed Buhari <mbuhari_at_assigncorp.com>
Date: 24 Jan 2000 20:21:45 EST

1.Not possible, You need to recreate the index on the new machine.If you are just moving one or more table using export/import or using a db link.This is coz, index hold the physical address of rows ( ROW IDS ). Row IDS change when you move data.
2.If your are duplicating the entire database by restoring the cold backup, no need to recreate the index.