Re: Oracle performance - Table with 480 fields

From: Mohamed Buhari <mbuhari_at_assigncorp.com>
Date: 24 Jan 2000 19:37:16 EST

Hi,

Better normalize that table.Try to establish master detail relationship by choosing proper keys. I think ( I am not sure ) oracle table supports maximum of 255 columns per table. If U dont have an option, consult with your DBA to choose larger oracle blocksize ( 32K or 64 K ) so that row chaining/migration can be avoided.

Mohamed Buhari
Oracle DBA