Re: DBMS_PROFILER package

From: <dnoeltx_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:56:10 GMT

I also downloaded the files from Oracle and installed on my database. Had no trouble executing and getting the times, but the times reported seem to be way off. They are supposed to be in billionths of seconds, but this adds up to way more time than my run actually takes. Nothing I do seems to make the time add up correctly. To execute it I set timed statistics = true at the beginning of my run, in the PLSQL (just for the session, using execute immediate). If you get it working, let me know if the times seem correct. Also of not, it seems that the total_occur column is multiplied by 1000 as well.

Good Luck...

In article <8680v7$pfo$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to test some PL/SQL code using DBMS_PROFILER package.
> After getting the files from Oracle support ( Oracle forgot to
> include it in installation CD for 8.1.5 on HP-UX and Linux ) I
> installed the package.
> But , when I run my code with PROFILER the time stats values are
> missing ( everything time connected is 0 ).
> The timed_statistics parm in INIT.ORA is set to TRUE ( anyway
> nothing concerning any init.ora parms is mentioned in
documentation ).

> So the question :
> Are I'm making some mistake or is it a bug ? My Oracle support
> can not give me an answer ( at least for now ).
>
> TIA. Michael.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jan 24 2000 - 16:56:10 CST