Re: Oracle Administration

From: <gorgos_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:26:15 GMT

In article <12bbc47e.1ea39612_at_usw-ex0109- 066.remarq.com>,
  Novice <zacNOzaSPAM_at_agorics.com.invalid> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am a novice when it comes on Oracle
Administration. I had
> installed a test Oracle server and brought it
up and is
> currently running. Could someone tell me where
the usernames
> and passwords are stored. The problem is when I
start
> sqlplus I get the username/password prompt. But
when I enter
> a username and password It says:
>
> ERROR:
> ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
>
> What is the cause? Could someone help me out? I
am sure the
> Oracle server is running.
>
> Zachariah K.Z
>
> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com
Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful

Can you shut down the database in normal or immediate mode ??
If not, the database name in the control files may be different to the one in the initXXXX.ora file and the instance is not connecting to a db. If the db won't shut down normally, shut it down abort and re-start the db nomount. Check v$instance for the name and status of the db

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jan 24 2000 - 16:26:15 CST