deadlock problem

From: Ben Grigsby <grigsby_at_inquiregroup.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:26:30 GMT

I am using VC6 to access an Oracle 8i database using RogueWave's dbtools.

My problem is that I am trying to implement row-level locking by declaring a cursor for update. It does lock the row, but the deadlock occurs whenever any other process tries to access the same row. The second process waits indefinately until the row is unlocked.

Is there any way to set a timeout so that other processes will not hang forever?

TAI Ben Grigsby
grigsby_at_inquiregroup.com Received on Mon Jan 24 2000 - 16:26:30 CST