Re: SQL-SERVER vs. Oracle

From: Al Manint <al_manint_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:59:07 -0600

MORE OPEN!?!?? You have to through the 9 gates of hell before you can get to Oracle data. And M$ is leading the way in XML - they STARTED THE STANDARDS BODY - and Oracles XML implementation is far buggier.

SQL Server 7 is very stable. Ours with constant hitting has been up for 6 months. And that is when we turned it on. I've rebooted my Oracle server twice in that time frame. I don't say that is unrealistic - just stating.

--Al