Re: ORA-00600 problem with restored backups

From: GC <johnny_sanga_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:40:08 GMT

Gregory Riggs wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are trying to verify that we can restore our production database from our
> nightly hot backup tapes. We have Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.2.3.1 running on
> OpenVMS VAX V7.1, which is nolonger supported by Oracle, but due to the legacy
> software we are using, we can not upgrade Oracle.
>
> When we load the database from tape onto a different, but identically
> configured VAX (the same version Oracle and OpenVMS), the database mounts,
> recovers, and opens without any errors. However, when we try and select from
> some of the tables we get the following Oracle error:
>
> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM <some_table>;
>
> ERROR:
> ORA-00081: address range [1024, 5120) is not readable
> ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [4146], [225], [222], [], [], [],
> [], []

ora-00600 errors usually means calling Oracle tech support with the error codes. However, the errors ora-00081 reads out to be:

%oerr ORA 00081
00081, 00000, "address range [%s, %s) is not readable" // *Cause: An attempt was made to read/write an invalid memory address range.
// *Action: Try another address or length.

which looks like a memory problems.
Your best bet is to call Oracle if you have a support agreement in place.

Cheers,
GC Received on Mon Jan 24 2000 - 12:40:08 CST